- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 4 cloves roasted garlic, mashed into a paste
- 4 leaves fresh sweet basil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Combine chicken broth, chives, roasted garlic, and basil in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer.
- Heat vegetable oil and butter in a separate pot over medium heat; cook and stir shallot and garlic in the hot oil-butter mixture until shallot is softened, about 5 minutes. Add rice to shallot mixture; increase heat to medium-high. Cook and stir until rice is fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add wine, reduce heat to low, and simmer until wine is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Stir simmering broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, into rice mixture and continue to simmer until rice absorbs liquid; repeat, adding 1/2 cup of broth at a time, until all the broth is absorbed and rice is tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Stir half-and-half into risotto; fold in Gorgonzola cheese until melted.
Creamy Roasted Garlic and Chives Risotto, recipe