- 5 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 1/4 pounds shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 (7 ounce) jar pimentos
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 1 (3 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 1 dash paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook chicken breasts in boiling water until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 12 to 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook angel hair in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes; drain.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in butter until tender, about 5 minutes. Pour mushroom soup, chicken soup, and celery soup into the saucepan; stir and bring to a simmer. Add about half the Cheddar cheese; stir into the soup mixture and cook until velvety, about 5 minutes. Stir chicken, half-and-half, pimentos, wine, mushrooms, parsley, and steak sauce into the soup mix; cook until hot.
- Toss angel hair pasta and soup mixture together in a large baking dish; top with remaining Cheddar cheese. Sprinkle paprika over the cheese layer.
- Bake in preheated oven until the liquid is bubbling, about 45 minutes.
Easy Chicken Tetrazzini for a Large Family, recipe