- 4 cups Mission figs, stemmed
- 2 cups honey
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine figs, honey, water, butter, lemon juice, cinnamon, vanilla extract, cloves, salt, and ginger in a large pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until figs are soft, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Blend figs with an immersion blender until mixture reaches desired consistency. Stir in walnuts. Cook until flavors combine, about 15 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and pour fig mixture into a container; transfer to the refrigerator.
Fig and Honey Jam with Walnuts, recipe