- 2/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 2 (16 ounce) packages farfalle pasta
- In a large bowl mix together the basil, diced tomatoes, garlic, olives, olive oil, salt, pepper, chives, sun dried tomatoes, and red pepper chile flakes. Cover and place in refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
- Remove sauce from refrigerator 2 hours before serving, to allow ingredients to come to room temperature.
- In a large pot with boiling salted water cook farfalle pasta until al dente. Drain.
- Toss cooked pasta with room temperature sauce. Sprinkle with goat cheese, if desired.
Fire and ce Pasta, recipe