- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, trimmed
- 1 (32 ounce) carton beef stock
- 4 cups hot water
- 2 cups fresh green beans, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 4 carrots, sliced into circles
- 4 potatoes, cut into large dice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup sweet peas
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Put flour into a wide, shallow dish. Dredge beef chunks in flour to coat.
- Cook beef in hot oil until completely browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Add beef stock, hot water, green beans, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, corn, celery, onion, peas, beef bouillon granules, parsley, bay leaves, thyme, chili powder, and black pepper to stockpot; stir, place a cover on the stockpot, and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook soup at a simmer, stirring periodically, for about 6 hours.
Garden Fresh Vegetable Beef Soup, recipe