- 4 slices bacon
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 4 slices Jarlsberg cheese
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels; crumble.
- Preheat oven broiler and set rack about 6 inches from heat source.
- Mix eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper in a bowl; fold in crumbled bacon.
- Toast sourdough bread under broiler until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Spread pesto evenly on each slice of bread; top with 1/4 egg salad mixture and spread to cover completely. Top each sandwich with 1 slice Jarlsberg cheese.
- Return sandwiches to broiler and cook until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Served sandwiches warm and open-faced.
Gourmet Egg Salad Sandwich, recipe