- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1 tablespoon New Mexico chile powder
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (12.5 fl oz) can mango nectar
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons chile paste
- Cut chicken leg quarters at the joint without cutting all the way through. Arrange chicken on a baking dish.
- Mix New Mexico chile powder, ancho chile powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, kosher salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Rub chile powder mixture over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Coat chicken with olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven until browned, about 45 minutes. Chicken will not be cooked through.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Heat mango nectar, rum, orange juice, lime juice, honey, and chile paste in a skillet over medium-high heat. Simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes. Brush mango glaze over chicken legs.
- Grill chicken on preheated grill until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, 10 to 15 more minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Grilled Chicken with Spicy Mango Glaze, recipe