- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 habanero peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 pounds chicken wing drumettes
- cooking spray
- Put yellow onion, green onions, garlic, habanero peppers, fresh thyme, kosher salt, black pepper, allspice, dried thyme, cinnamon, cumin, nutmeg, vegetable oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, and lime juice, respectively, in a blender and blend until marinade is completely smooth.
- Place chicken in a large bowl. Pour marinade over chicken and toss to coat completely. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place chicken drumettes on prepared baking sheet and reserve marinade left in the bowl.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Brush 1/2 the reserved marinade onto chicken and turn wings over. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn chicken and brush on remaining 1/2 the reserved marinade. Bake until tender and caramelized, 10 to 15 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Rest wings on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a serving platter.
Jerk Chicken Wings, recipe