- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons powdered buttermilk
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, powdered buttermilk, baking powder, and baking soda. In a separate bowl, whip the cream using an electric mixer; stir in milk, egg yolks, and melted butter. Stir the milk mixture into the dry ingredients until smooth. In a clean glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites to stiff peaks. Fold the egg whites and chocolate chips into the batter using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Preheat a waffle iron, and coat with cooking spray. Spoon batter onto the hot iron, and cook until there is no longer steam coming out and the waffles are light brown.
kate's light n' fluffy buttermilk and chocolate chip waffles, recipe