- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups extra crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 18 fun size bars chocolate-covered crispy peanut butter candy (such as Butterfinger®), crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Process flour, oats, baking soda, and salt in a food processor until blended.
- Beat peanut butter, brown sugar, white sugar, shortening, and unsalted butter together in a bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well-blended. Add vanilla.
- Stir flour mixture into peanut butter mixture; add crushed peanut butter candy and stir until just combined. Drop 1-inch spoonfuls of the dough, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets.
- Bake cookies in the preheated oven until light brown, about 15 minutes.
kathy's peanut butterfinger® oatmeal cookies, recipe