- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 teaspoons chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Melt coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat; saute onion and garlic until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms; saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook until warmed, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat and slightly cool vegetables.
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, flax seed meal, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to a work surface and finely chop. Stir vegetable mixture into flour mixture; add eggs, water, and olive oil. Mix until dough is thoroughly combined and holds together.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Turn dough onto the prepared baking sheet and press into a flat rectangle. Place a second sheet of parchment paper atop dough and roll dough between the 2 sheets until about 1/16-thick. Remove top parchment paper. Cut edges of dough to make an even rectangle. Add excess dough to 1 end of rectangle and re-roll into even thickness.
- Cut dough into 1-inch squares using a pizza cutter, keeping dough together.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are browned, 18 to 20 minutes. Cool completely and break into squares.
killer crackers, recipe