- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 8 ounces fresh pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water cook pasta until al dente. Drain well.
- In a greased 13x9 inch casserole dish layer the cooked and drained pasta noodles on the bottom.
- In a medium size bowl combine the sour cream, cream cheese, shredded Cheddar cheese, and chopped green onions. Spread mixture over cooked pasta in baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the sugar, tomato sauce, and cooked ground beef. Layer this on top of the sour cream mixture in the baking dish. Sprinkle with additional shredded Cheddar cheese, if desired.
- Refrigerate casserole overnight. Remove from refrigerator one hour before baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 40 minutes. Allow to stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- If freezing casserole, allow to come to room temperature for one hour before baking.
layered casserole, recipe