- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, or to taste
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
- 4 green onions, chopped (optional)
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup spicy ranch-style salad dressing
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in hot oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Break ground turkey into small chunks and add to skillet; cook and stir until beginning to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle taco seasoning over the turkey mixture; continue to cook and stir until turkey is completely browned through, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Pile lettuce into the bottom of a large salad bowl; top with the turkey mixture, corn, black beans, avocado, green onions, Cheddar cheese, and spicy ranch dressing.
Lee's Taco Salad, recipe