- 1/2 (8 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon white sugar (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) package arugula
- 1 lemon, zested
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain and return spaghetti to pot.
- Whisk coconut milk, white wine, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, sugar, salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat; simmer until flavors combine, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir chicken, tomatoes, bean sprouts, basil, parsley, and green onions into pasta; cook over low heat until warmed through, 3 to 5 minutes. Add coconut sauce; stir to combine. Serve pasta over a bed of arugula. Sprinkle with lemon zest.
Lemon Coconut Thai-nspired Pasta, recipe