- Reynolds® StayBrite® Baking Cups
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 cup mini jelly beans or chocolate egg candies
- Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon curd
- 3 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons milk, or more as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin pans with 24 Reynolds(R) StayBrite(R) Baking Cups.
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine the carrots, oil, applesauce, egg, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Add carrot mixture to the flour mixture; mix just until combined. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in muffin pan. Transfer cupcakes to cooling rack; cool completely.
- Top with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting, reserving a small amount. Make "nests" with the coconut. Dip jelly beans or candy eggs slightly into extra frosting and then place in the "nests" to keep them in place.
- Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting: Combine cream cheese, butter, softened; and lemon curd in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth. Gradually add 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar, beating well. Beat in 2 teaspoons milk. Gradually beat in another 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar. If necessary, beat in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to reach spreading consistency.
Lemon Frosted Carrot Cake Cupcakes, recipe