- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Stella® Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Puree the mayonnaise and fresh basil and set aside.
- Mix breadcrumbs, Stella Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge the zucchini slices in flour, dip in egg, and coat in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Fry the coated zucchini slices in oil until lightly golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Or, place them on a wire rack on a baking pan, sprayed lightly with oil, and bake in a preheated 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) oven until lightly golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve zucchini chips with the basil aioli.
Lemon Parmesan Zucchini Chips with Basil Aioli, recipe