- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 large cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook penne at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Blend onion, cucumber, canola oil, vinegar, sugar, garlic powder, salt, mustard, parsley, and pepper in a food processor or blender until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over pasta; toss to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Like No Other Pasta Salad, recipe