- 1 large zucchini
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 pound snap peas
- 5 sweet peppers, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons Thai chile paste
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro
- zest from 1 lemon
- Cut zucchini into noodles using a spiralizer fitted with the large shredding blade.
- Saute cherry tomatoes, snap peas, sweet peppers, and onion in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and place vegetable mixture in a bowl.
- Return saucepan to medium-high heat; add shrimp and chile paste. Saute until shrimp begin to turn opaque and is coated in paste, about 2 minutes. Add vinegar; cook until reduced, about 1 minute. Add vegetable stock, fish sauce, and sesame oil. Add the vegetable mixture and zucchini noodles. Cover and allow zucchini to steam, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Split the zucchini between 4 plates. Top with the shrimp, vegetables, and broth. Finish with green onions, cilantro, and lemon zest.
Low-Carb Summer Garden (Zucchini) Pasta with Chile Shrimp, recipe