- 1 (3 pound) boneless turkey breast roast, thawed
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup, or more as needed
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed thyme
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Remove the plastic netting and wrap from the turkey roast, if any, but leave on string netting. (Remove and discard gravy packet, if any). Rinse the turkey, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix together the maple syrup, smoke flavoring, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, and cayenne pepper in a bowl, stirring to combine well. Brush the syrup mixture all over the turkey roast.
- Place the roast, skin side up, on a baking rack set in a roasting pan. Roast in the preheated oven, basting occasionally, until the roast is golden brown and a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the roast reads 170 degrees F (75 degrees C). Roasting time is about 1 1/2 hours. Wrap the roast in foil, and let stand 10 minutes before removing the string netting for slicing.
Maple Glazed Turkey Roast, recipe