- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 sprig spearmint, chopped
- Whisk together yogurt, olive oil, vinegar, oregano, green onion, cumin, salt, paprika, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the chicken breast halves and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator 1 hour to overnight.
- Preheat an oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Grease a shallow baking dish.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and shake off excess. Discard used marinade. Arrange chicken in prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 25 minutes, turning occasionally. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Garnish with spearmint before serving.
Middle Eastern Yogurt Chicken, recipe