- 8 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups wild rice
- 3 cups cubed, stale cranberry-walnut bread
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- Bring 8 cups chicken broth and wild rice to a boil in a saucepan; reduce heat and simmer until rice is partially tender, about 30 minutes.
- Mix partially-cooked wild rice with chicken broth, cranberry-walnut bread, 1 cup chicken broth, celery, water chestnuts, pecans, pine nuts, onion, apple, apricots, and garlic together in a slow cooker.
- Cook on Low until wild rice has softened and split, at least 40 more minutes.
Minnesota Real Wild Rice Stuffing, recipe