- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups margarine, melted
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Thoroughly grease a 10-inch fluted tube pan. Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted margarine, sugar, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract; beat the flour mixture into the margarine mixture with an electric mixer set on Low until the batter is smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top of the cake forms a crust and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes before removing pan, then allow cake to cool completely.
mom's chocolate pound cake, recipe