- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 pounds pork spareribs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, flour, salt, pepper, and mustard. Stir in the water, soy sauce, and vinegar.
- Place the ribs in a pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, cook 10 minutes, and drain.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown the ribs on all sides. Mix in the sauce mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes. Mix in the garlic, and continue cooking 15 minutes, or to desired doneness.
Mom's 'Sweet 'n' Sours' Pork Ribs, recipe