- 4 slices bacon
- 1 (9 inch) frozen deep dish pie crust, thawed
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels; crumble. Reserve about 2 tablespoons bacon drippings in the skillet.
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in reserved bacon drippings over medium heat until onion is softened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place thawed pie crust in a pie dish; prick holes in the bottom and sides of crust using a fork.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Remove crust from oven and reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Whisk half-and-half and sour cream together in a bowl; beat eggs into half-and-half mixture. Mix Swiss cheese, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper into half-and-half mixture; add bacon, onion mixture, and parsley. Pour mixture into the crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center of the quiche comes out clean, about 45 to 50 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before slicing into wedges.
new quiche lorraine, recipe