- 1 cooking spray
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 12 crushed saltine crackers
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup ketchup, or as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x11-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut 3/4 each of onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and yellow bell pepper into thin slices. Dice remaining 1/4 of onion and peppers.
- Mix ground beef, diced onion and peppers, tomato sauce, crushed crackers, brown sugar, egg, Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock, olive oil, steak seasoning, garlic, and pepper together in a bowl until well-combined.
- Spread 1/2 of the beef mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top meat with sliced onion and peppers, leaving a 1-inch border. Spread remaining beef mixture over vegetables, tucking in sides to seal vegetables in the center of the meatloaf. Pour ketchup over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Onion- and Pepper-Stuffed Meatloaf, recipe