- 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil, or as needed
- 1 cup almond butter
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips (such as Enjoy Life®)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Brush the inside of cake pan with melted coconut oil.
- Beat almond butter, eggs, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add cocoa powder, coconut flour, espresso powder, baking soda, cinnamon, sea salt, and baking powder to almond butter mixture and beat on low speed until incorporated. Fold chocolate chips into batter using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Pour batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
paleo chocolate espresso cake, recipe