- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper baking cups. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until fluffy, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the egg and strawberry extract, continue beating. Beat in the milk and buttermilk, then beat in the jam. The batter should be pink.
- Stir in 1/3 of the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Stir in 1/2 of the remaining flour and then add the remaining flour; mixing just enough to evenly combine. Pour the batter into prepared baking cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes clean, about 15 to 20 minutes. Cool before frosting.
- Beat the peanut butter and butter until smooth in a large bowl. Mix in 2 cups of the confectioners' sugar, 1/4 cup at a time; then stir in 1/4 cup milk. Gradually add the remaining 2 cups of sugar. If the frosting is too dry add a tablespoon of milk. Frost the tops of the cooled cupcakes.
pbj cupcakes - berry cupcakes with peanut butter frosting, recipe