- Garlic Sauce:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon tapioca starch
- Pepper Beef Rice Skillet:
- 1 (2.2 ounce) package beef top sirloin, thinly sliced and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup frozen petite peas
- 1/2 cup canned corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Combine water, soy sauce, garlic, honey, and tapioca starch in a small saucepan over low heat. Bring to a boil. Simmer, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Remove sauce from heat and let cool.
- Pour cooled sauce into a blender; pulse a few times to puree the garlic.
- Mix beef with salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, and onion powder in a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef; cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper, rice, peas, corn, and butter. Cook and stir until beef is no longer pink and mixture is heated through, 7 to 10 minutes. Serve with the garlic sauce.
Pepper Beef Rice Skillet, recipe