- 1/2 pound dry penne pasta
- 4 red potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, and cook the penne pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente. Remove from heat, drain, and return to the pot.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil, and cook the potatoes about 7 minutes. Place the green beans in the saucepan with the potatoes. Continue cooking about 3 minutes. Drain the partially cooked potatoes and green beans, and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and saute the garlic about 1 minute. Stir in the potatoes and green beans. Season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until potatoes and beans are tender and lightly browned.
- Toss the potato mixture into the pot with the drained pasta. Mix in the yogurt, pesto, and Parmesan cheese. Reserve a little Parmesan to sprinkle on top when serving.
Pesto Pasta with Green Beans and Potatoes, recipe