- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon rum flavored extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a muffin pan, or use paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, margarine, egg, sour cream and rum extract. Beat together until smooth. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend into egg mixture. Stir in pineapple and coconut. Divide batter into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly tapped.
pina colada muffins, recipe