- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 3 cooked chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup milk, or more as needed
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 (5 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, or to taste
- Mix chicken soup and chicken together in a saucepan; stir in enough milk to make a gravy-like consistency. Cook and stir chicken sauce over medium heat until smooth and heated through, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Spoon 1/2 cup rice onto 8 plates. Layer each serving of rice with chow mein noodles, the chicken mixture, pineapple, Cheddar cheese, celery, green peppers, green onions, coconut, almonds, and a drizzle of soy sauce, respectively.
quick hawaiian haystacks, recipe