- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large fresh peach, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey, or to taste
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, or to taste
- If quinoa is not pre-rinsed, rinse in plenty of cool water to remove coating, and drain. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan, and stir in the quinoa; reduce heat to low, and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain excess water, and mix in the cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Mix the chopped peach with yogurt in a bowl. Serve quinoa in a serving bowl, topped with about 2 tablespoons of the peach yogurt. Drizzle with a teaspoon or so of honey, sprinkle with nutmeg, and drizzle about a teaspoon of lime juice over the top.
Quinoa with Peaches and Creamy Yogurt, recipe