- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- Preheat a panini press according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Grill red bell pepper slices in the panini press on high heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender.
- Place chopped tomato and garlic in the blender. Blend with bell pepper until a smooth sauce forms, about 2 minutes. Season sauce with oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Grill eggplant, zucchini, tomato, and onion slices in the panini press until softened, about 3 minutes per side.
- Drizzle olive oil over bread slices; flip and spread with a generous amount of sauce. Place 2 slices bread, oil-side down, on the panini press; add 1 slice of mozzarella cheese. Top with eggplant mixture and second slice of mozzarella cheese. Place second slice of bread, oil-side up, on top.
- Grill on medium-high until golden and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Ratatouille Sandwich, recipe