- 1 (16.5 ounce) package red velvet cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine cake mix, flour, eggs, and oil in a large bowl; beat using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Fold in flaked coconut. Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into a 4 1/2x12-inch log and place onto a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 310 degrees F (155 degrees C). Place loaves onto wire racks until cool enough to handle, about 5 minutes, retaining parchment on baking sheets.
- Slice logs into 1/2-inch slices and place biscotti onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the hot oven for 8 minutes, turn, and bake until dry, about 8 more minutes. Remove and place onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Place white chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes. Stir in shortening to thin out chocolate.
- Drizzle white chocolate over cooled biscotti and let dry, about 1 hour.
red velvet-coconut biscotti, recipe