- 1/4 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1 cup cooked long-grain white rice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spread almonds onto a baking sheet.
- Toast almonds in preheated oven until golden and fragrant, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion in hot oil until just translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Mix rhubarb into onion and garlic and saute until slightly softened, about 2 minutes more.
- Stir wine wine, raisins, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper into rhubarb mixture; cover the skillet with a lid, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until rhubarb is tender to the bite but still firm, 5 to 8 minutes. Add honey and soy sauce; stir.
- Mix wild rice and white rice into the rhubarb mixture; cook and stir until rice is heated through. Top with toasted almonds.
Rhubarb Wild Rice Pilaf, recipe