- 2 cups Ruby Port
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- 10 fresh figs
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1 cup mixed roasted nuts (cashews, pistachios, pecans, etc.)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil
- In saucepan heated to medium, combine port, sugar, cracked pepper and mint, and simmer until consistency of syrup, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees F. Cut figs in half, from top to bottom. Line a baking sheet with a large sheet of Reynolds Wrap(R) Aluminum Foil. Fold up the sheet in the center to create a barrier, splitting the sheet into two sides. On one half, place figs cut side up, and top each with about 1/2 teaspoon of goat cheese.
- Toss the nuts in a bowl with butter, salt, pepper and chili powder. Spread in single layer on the other side of the foil-lined pan. Roast 10 minutes. Keep an eye on the nuts so they don't burn.
- To serve, chop the nuts and sprinkle bits on the figs. Drizzle figs and nuts with port reduction.
Roasted Figs and Nuts with Port Reduction, recipe