- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 summer squash, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch white sugar
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (16 ounce) package orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place the zucchini, squash, onion, asparagus, and mushrooms in a large bowl; add in garlic, olive oil and sugar, and stir gently to coat vegetables. Spread vegetables in a single layer on a baking sheet, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast vegetables until tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add bouillon cubes, wine, and orzo, and cook until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain. Stir in roasted vegetables and Parmesan cheese, and serve warm.
roasted vegetable orzo, recipe