- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup tightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup cinnamon chips (such as Hershey's®)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, or more as needed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine 1 cup butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, molasses, and 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl. Stir into the creamed butter mixture. Mix in oats until evenly incorporated. Fold cinnamon chips into the dough.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of dough onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges start to brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, 1/2 cup butter, heavy cream, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on high speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of the cream filling over the back of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
rresistible Oatmeal Cream Pies, recipe