- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 box moist pineapple cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup rum
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 12 cup Bundt pan with shortening, dust with flour, and shake out excess. Place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Cream together butter and oil in a large mixing bowl until fluffy, about 1 minute. Slowly pour in 1 cup of sugar and continue to beat until fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating for about 10 seconds per egg. Stir in cake mix and blend until smooth. Add the sour cream, evaporated milk, flour, and vanilla; beat together for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth.
- Bake in preheated oven until cake has a golden brown crust and springs back when pressed with a finger, about 60 to 70 minutes. Let cake sit in the pan for 20 minutes while proceeding to the next step.
- Melt 1/2 cup of butter in a small pan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, and 1/2 cup of sugar; bring to a gentle simmer and stir in the rum. Cook until the sugars have dissolved, then remove from heat. Unmold cake onto a serving dish. Gently poke holes into the cake with a fork or cake tester. Pour glaze evenly over cake. Top with toasted coconut.
rum-pineapple pound cake, recipe