- Tangy Creamy Cheese:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cooked navy beans or Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Caramelized Onions:
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 2 large yellow onions, finely diced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Place coconut oil, olive oil, beans, onion powder, lemon juice, cider vinegar, and salt in a food processor. Blend until thick and smooth, about 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl and chill, covered, until cold and set to a spreadable consistency, at least 1 hour.
- Melt oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onions with a pinch of salt and a few dashes pepper, stirring frequently, 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are very soft, sweet, and amber brown, about 35 minutes more. Transfer to a bowl and cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Fold caramelized onions into tangy creamy cheese with a rubber spatula. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with green onions.
sa's French Onion Dip, recipe