- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped pimento peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, drained and chopped
- 8 ounces extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cook and stir ground beef in a large skillet until well browned, about 10 minutes; drain fat. Place cooked beef in a large bowl. Stir in tomato sauce, onion, black olives, pimentos, mushrooms, Cheddar cheese, chili powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Spoon sandwich filling on hamburger bun bottoms, spreading to the edges. Filling should be approximately 1/2" thick in the center of the sandwich.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the edges start to bubble, 5-10 minutes. Turn oven to Broil and continue to cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
Sandwich Filling, recipe