- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cubes beef bouillon
- 6 cups hot water
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen sliced okra
- 4 cups shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dry crab boil
- 2 pounds catfish fillets, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Warm oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Dissolve bouillon cubes in hot water. Pour into skillet. Stir tomatoes, okra, and shrimp into skillet. Season with salt, cayenne pepper, thyme, bay leaves, and crab boil. Bring to a boil; cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Place fish in skillet, return to boil; cover, and simmer 15 minutes more. Remove bay leaves, and serve.
Shrimp and Catfish Gumbo, recipe