- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes in juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook orzo in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Mix tomatoes in juice, water, wine, oregano, and salt into onion mixture; cook and stir until sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Mix shrimp into sauce and cook until shrimp are cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir feta cheese and parsley into sauce; serve over orzo.
Shrimp and Feta with Pasta, recipe