- 10 cups water
- 1 (1 pound) package smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cubes chicken bouillon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound dried black-eyed peas
- Pour 10 cups water into a 5-quart slow cooker crock; add sausage, carrot, celery, onion, chicken bouillon, bay leaves, garlic powder, and oregano.
- Pour black-eyed peas into a saucepan; add enough water to cover by a few inches. Bring water to a boil, remove saucepan from heat, drain the peas, and add them to the slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours. Remove and discard bay leaves before serving.
Slow Cooker Black-Eyed Pea and Sausage Soup, recipe