- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can pale ale
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (8 ounce) package red enchilada sauce (such as Frontera®)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 pound frozen chicken breasts
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Mix chicken broth, black beans, diced tomatoes, pale ale, corn, red enchilada sauce, onion, taco seasoning, and jalapeno pepper together in a slow cooker. Add whole chicken breasts.
- Cook on Low until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the chicken reads at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), 5 to 6 hours. Remove chicken and shred using 2 forks; stir back into the slow cooker. Continue cooking, 1 to 2 hours more.
- Stir cilantro into the slow cooker. Cook on Low until flavors combine, about 15 minutes.
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup, recipe