- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- 3 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 3 medium pears, cored and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Generously butter a 9 inch Bundt or tube pan. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar into the pan, and tilt to coat the buttered surface. Shake out the excess.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together 3/4 cup of butter and white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Stir in the vanilla and sour cream, mixing just until blended. Gradually stir in the flour mixture until fully incorporated. Fold in the chopped pears using a rubber spatula.
- In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and pecans. Spoon 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the pecan mixture. Repeat layers two more times, ending with the pecan mixture on top.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top of the cake springs back when lightly pressed, or a knife inserted into the crown comes out clean. Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes, then run a knife around the outside edge of the cake. Carefully invert onto a cooling rack. If the cake won't come out of the pan, tap it firmly with a knife on the bottom and sides of the pan. Set aside to cool completely.
- When cool, transfer the cake to a serving plate using two spatulas. Drizzle with the caramel ice cream topping before serving.
sour cream pear cake, recipe