- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 10 inch tube pan with non-stick cooking spray and dust with bread crumbs. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In a small bowl, mix streusel ingredients - brown sugar, cinnamon and chopped pecans; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream, mixing just until incorporated. Spoon half of the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle half of the streusel mixture over the batter. Repeat with remaining batter and streusel mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar with milk, a tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is achieved. Drizzle over the cake.
Sour Cream Streusel Coffee Cake, recipe