- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces peach puree
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 fresh peach slices, diced, or more to taste
- Whisk milk, sugar, and salt together in a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a simmer. Stir peach puree, ginger, cinnamon, and vanilla extract; simmer until flavors blend, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place egg yolks in a small bowl. Slowly pour 1/2 cup hot milk mixture into eggs, whisking constantly. Pour warmed egg mixture into the milk mixture in the saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thick, 5 to 10 minutes. Strain egg mixture into a chilled bowl and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Whisk cream into chilled egg mixture; add peaches and stir.
- Pour peach mixture into the container of an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
spiced ginger-peach ce cream, recipe