- 1 (4 ounce) package Idahoan® Roasted Garlic Flavored Mashed Potatoes, dry
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 (32 fluid ounce) containers vegetable broth, divided
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots blend
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes including juice
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped (optional)
- Place the diced onions and one tablespoon of the vegetable broth in a large stock pot over medium heat.
- Add the peas and carrots, cumin, coriander, garam masala, and turmeric. Stir to mix in spices. Heat through, about five minutes.
- Add remaining vegetable broth, diced tomatoes and juice, and tomato sauce. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Once boiling, turn heat down to simmer.
- Add potatoes and garbanzo beans. Stir until potatoes are thoroughly incorporated. Simmer until heated through.
- Add baby spinach and stir until wilted.
- Serve immediately garnished with chopped parsley if desired.
Spicy ndian Potato Bean Soup, recipe