- 1 (12 ounce) package uncooked egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 bunch fresh spinach, stems removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup chile paste
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup green peas
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, cook the egg noodles 6 to 8 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the garlic about 1 minute. Stir in the spinach, and cook about 1 minute. Mix in the cooked egg noodles, chile paste, and ketchup, and toss until well coated.
- Make a hole in the center of the noodle mixture. Place the egg in the center, and scramble, tossing with the noodles just before egg is finished cooking.
- Mix the sugar and enough water to keep the mixture moist into the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, about 6 minutes. Toss in the sprouts and peas, and cook and stir about 4 minutes, until heated through.
Spicy Noodles - Malay Style, recipe